NEW! Fitness Classes for Middle School Girls
There’s no need to dread getting physical activity, or to worry about ability and skill at GAALS. This class looks at fitness from a whole different perspective. By using fun games to get the heart pumping, GAALS sets an even playing field so girls feel comfortable participating and trying new things, instead of feeling anxious about how they appear in front of others.
Maybe they strengthen core by sitting on the ground and using only their feet to dunk socks into a bucket – hands up! Or by playing hand hockey in a plank position. (see photos below) Perhaps they get their heart pumping by creating their very own Tik Tok dance routine or pounding on stability balls like a set of drums.
With creative games like these, girls hardly realize that they are working their bodies. And don’t forget about the all important piece that GAALS brings – shared dialogue about their experiences. With this approach, girls build confidence and actually look forward to each class!
When: Thursdays, 6p to 7p
Where: Nxt Gen Fitness, 2 Channel Drive, Port Washington, 11050
Price: $215 for 6 classes Note: sessions run 7 weeks. Miss one class without worrying. we understand life happens. Want to join us for all, pay only $20 more.
Session #1 – December 5,12, 19 and January 9,16, 23, 30 – CLOSED
Session #2 – February 6, 13, 27 and March 5, 12, 19, 26 – CLOSED
6p to 7p
$215 for 6 classes
*10% discount if both sessions are booked NOW
Nxt Gen Fitness:
2 Channel Drive
160 Middle Neck Rd
12 Franklin Ave
United Methodist Church:
35 Middle Neck Rd
Your spot is secured once we receive a complete registration form and full payment. We apologize but we cannot guaranty your spot if you choose to register and pay at a later time.
Please be sure to include the name of your child and which program you signed up for under notes.
Click to pay by Venmo
Free Bank Transfer with Zelle
Check if your bank participates. Here are a few: Bank of America, Capital One, TD, Citi, Wells Fargo
Click to pay by Chase Quickpay
Click to pay by Paypal
What to Wear
- Participants should wear sneakers, gym attire and their hair up (if possible).
- Non-restrictive shirts and pants without buttons, zippers, rhinestones, etc are preferred.
- No jewelry and/or hair accessories that will get in their way (or they may need to remove it)
- No food allowed other than at designated space and time determined by program leaders.
- No gum or candy permitted at any time or place.
- Please be sure to take all belongings with you upon leaving, as we don’t have an official lost and found and can’t be responsible for remembering what items belong to whom. If you should leave behind something that is labeled with your name, you will be notified.
- Special items like electronic devices, purses, dolls/stuffed animals, etc. can be a distraction, so we prefer if you keep them home. If you must bring something, it will stay with your child’s belongings and will not be permitted during our program.
Payments are non-refundable. However, we recognize that unforeseen circumstances may prevent you from joining us.
If notified via email 2 hours prior to the event, the full amount less $20 may be applied to a future event. If we do not receive an email by this time, no credit will be applied.
Note: When you are registering in the future and would like to apply your credit, please make a note saying, “ Please apply credit from (insert date you missed).”
On the occasion that GAALS must cancel the event, you will be notified via email and all monies will be reimbursed within 2 weeks in the original form of payment.
Have an idea for a Middle and/or High School Event? Contact Us
Or want to hold an event in your area? Inquire Now
Gather some friends and we’ll work closely with you to understand differing personalities, any issues and/or concerns, abilities, etc to customize a fun, engaging, empowering event. and we’ll work with you to try to make it happen! Through a perfect blend of games and activities and meaningful dialogue, everyone walks away inspired, motivated and with a renewed sense of purpose.