GAALS & PAALS workshops aim to provide groups of all kinds (teams, friend groups, boards, etc.) with the strategies needed to be effective communicators and leaders, so each member can thrive as part of the team. We work closely with you to ensure that our active games, which are designed to spark collaborative conversations, deliver on the goals you’ve set for the workshop.
Our workshops are a great way to kick off the school year or season on the right foot. The following are a list of topics that we typically cover:
- Commitment & Persistence
- Trying New Things
- Sportsmanship (sports teams)
- Competition (sports teams)
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Stress, Anxiety & Pressure
For Friendship Groups
It’’s not easy being a girl these days– especially given most preteens and teens are on social media, where they see what others are doing, wearing and saying, and others are seeing the same from them. GAALS feels it’s important to give girls a forum to talk about their challenges, which serves as a powerful tool in helping each girl realize she is not alone. In our workshop, Between You & Me, we discuss effective ways of communicating (in person or on screens), strategies to navigate technology and minimize girl drama, as well as discuss how to deal with resolve issues and practice resilience. Prior to the workshop, we also spend time discussing specifics that may need to be addressed, including:
- Being Inclusive
- Peer Pressure
- Managing difficult personality traits like bossiness, bragging
- Communicating via phone/social media (if applicable)
- Conflict Resolution
We then customize the workshop to meet your needs and to empower the group.
For Boards (student orgs, non-profits, executives)
The most successful, proactive boards speak as one. However, working together to achieve a common goal can be challenging. Whether people don’t see eye-to-eye on big issues like the overall direction of the business or day-to-day operations, or they can’t find common ground on less important issues, like where to hold the next fundraiser, most boards can benefit greatly from a team building experience. Providing boards with the opportunity to take a step back and develop a rapport with one another, find similarities, and come out of their comfort zones. can be a game changer. GAALS & PAALS successfully enables these experiences, by integrating fun, active games designed to spark meaningful conversations. Participants typically walk away with a stronger bond to both the other board members and their cause, which in turn motivates them to move forward together in an efficient and effective manner.
We would love to work together with you to empower your troop. Please contact us and provide the following information:
- What type of group are you?
- Is this workshop for children, adults or both?
- If children, what grade (2)
- Estimated # of participants
- In what type of space are your meetings held (ie: gym, classroom, outside, etc)?
- Do you have an idea of days / time you want to work with us?
- Do you have a specific issue you would like us to work on with your group?
Pricing is based on the above information. Once we hear from you, we can get back to you with more detailed pricing.
Note: Minimum cost is $240.
Call us: (516) 817-6696
Once you’ve put your desired date on hold by reaching out to us directly (via email or phone), you need to:
During the process, you will be given options as to how to provide us with waivers for all participants, as well as options on how to make your deposit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must do all three things in order to secure your date (booking, waivers, deposit).
**You can also find waiver information and payment options, as well as the cancellation policy, by clicking on the below tabs.**
$120 Deposit is Required to Secure Your Date.
Zelle Bank Transfer + Chase Quickpay under email: dawn@GAALSusa.com
GAALS, PO Box 816, Plandome, NY 11030
GAALS & PAALS must have a waiver for all participants – children and adults participants. We need to receive waivers at least 24 hours prior to the event. As the organizer of the event, you have two options for the waivers:
- Provide the information on behalf of the group during registration. Make sure at that time you have each Participant’s Name, Parent/Guardian’s Name (if participant is under 18), Email & Phone Number.
- Send us an email on behalf of the group that says the following: As the organizer of this event, I hereby assume all risks and responsibility for any losses and/or damages that may occur during my troops voluntary participation in GAALS & PAALS programs/activities and/or use of equipment.I understand that there is a risk of injury associated with participation in physical activities. The instructional programs/activities at GAALS & PAALS may result in injury including but not limited to: abrasions, cuts, strains, fractures, other. These may be caused by accidents, forces of nature, foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including negligence of the participant or others.Include each Participant’s Name, Parent/Guardian’s Name (if participant is under 18), Email & Phone Number.
- Send parents our waiver and they can fill out and submit to us via email. If they cannot email, you will be responsible for submitting their forms to us in advance. If they are writing in their information, please note that the form must be complete and legible.
Please notify us ASAP if there are changes to your workshop date, location or number of girls. The sooner you notify us of a change, the more likely it is that we can accommodate you.
Workshop deposits are non-refundable but may be applied to a future workshop.
If the workshop is cancelled more than one week prior, it may be rescheduled for $25. Less than one week prior, the workshop may be rescheduled for $50.
For Signature Plus 30 – Create It Workshops, if the supplies have already been purchased, up to $15 per girl is non-transferrable/refundable.
Space rental deposits are refunded on a case-by-case basis (dependent on policies of location & current manager).